Thursday, April 11, 2013

Days 8-11: Cravings???

First off, I have to tell the world that the 3 question marks on the title of my post is done on purpose to annoy my sister - haha! She really dislike improper grammar, especially punctuations, so I just had to do that.

Second, I knew I sucked at keeping up a daily blog! I admire other bloggers who are able to write every day because I am not able to do it.  However, I don't have much to write about since every day has basically been the same: get up, make coffee, eat breakfast, go to work, eat lunch, work-out, go home and have dinner.  See? Pretty boring! So I've saved you from my boredom! 

But, let me recap you on how my Whole30 is going so far. 

I'm actually enjoying it.  I knew it was going to be difficult because while on "normal paleo" I had a difficult time being on track and my cravings were off the charts! I would be really good during the weekday and destroy myself over the weekend.  Needless to say, I wasn't really letting my body heal and I was not doing my health any favors at all! What I have noticed is, my cravings have curbed by a LOT.  It's pretty crazy, but after about 11 days I am not craving for sugar like how I was a month ago.  Just to give you an idea on how much I used to crave sugar... I would be okay for most of the day, but once I get home or finish dinner I would be very full, but still want something sweet.  Since I've denied myself with sweets all day, I find myself getting ice cream out from the freezer and having that with brownies or madelines, or I'll have something with Nutella (fruit or pastry).  It was horrible! And it was usually at night, after a good workout and all.  I would wake up the next day feeling super disappointed at myself because I did not have any self-control over myself.  I would be good for a few days, but give into my sugar cravings and totally undo all the hard work.  So! This have been good for me because I don't even feel the sugar monster pushing me for any sweets.

My sleep has also improved.  I naturally get up between 5:30 - 6AM and I get between 7-8 hours of sleep every night (so far).  I don't have interrupted sleep and my energy level have increased.  For those of you who know me, you know how much I LOVE coffee/caffeine.  I normally start my day with at least 2 cups of coffee (one cup at home and another on the road), then by noon I would have another cup (or two) of coffee at the office (or I would have gone to Starbucks by then and ordered my 'non-fat, 1 sweet & lo, cappuccino - grande).  Well folks, I've basically eliminated my afternoon and evening coffee consumption.  I only have one maybe 2 cups of coffee at breakfast and that is it.  I am not tired during the afternoon nor have I hit a slump to where I need a "pick me up".  I am just going through my day and it dawned on me just the other day how I haven't really had any mid-day coffee.  

These are the two things I've noticed so far.  I haven't noticed any fat being melted away, but today is only Day 11 so we shall see.  On the other hand, Whole30/Whole9 have a timeline of what to expect while on the Whole30 and from Days 8-15 I am suppose to have all these weird cravings (like for food that I haven't had in years).  Interestingly, I haven't really had any cravings.  It's actually annoying because I was wondering what it is that I would crave and I haven't had any!  Although last night, I did dream of eating chocolate chip ice cream and then feeling bad as I was finishing it up because I thought to myself that I just cheated and need to start over.  Luckily, that was not true! (What's odd is chocolate chip ice cream is not my favorite so I was surprised it even occurred in my dream).  Anyway, I am still waiting to experience this weird craving.  Once I do, I will definitely update you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment