Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 5: Lara Bar

I think I've mentioned before how I've been reading the Whole30 forum a lot and one of the posts that I've came across talked about how Lara Bars are okay for us to eat during "emergency" purposes only.  By "emergency" it means when you are starving and there's nothing else left.  I won't lie, I've
already shopped around and invested on a few good favors: blueberry muffin, apple pie, and carrot cake (those are the ones I've had so far).  They are seriously delicious and a lifesaver!  No lie, I shoved one down my face last night after the cake tasting with my sister because I was drooling for something sweet (really... after seeing that many cakes and being in a wonderful smelling place...gah! emergency!).  I know it's a 'no-no' because it's basically SWYPO, but hopefully I won't treat Lara Bars as my sweet replacement in that sense.  

Moving on, tomorrow I have a small 4-miler race called 4 For the Park.  It's a fundraiser for the Memorial Parks Conservatory group and I somehow got suckered into participating ;) They got me because of the awesome tech shirt that came with registration!  Mine is hot pink (or really more purple than pink).  I will most likely sport it out tomorrow for the race.  Anyway, since I didn't carbo-load like I normally would (granted, it IS just 4 miles so I don't really need to carb-load), I just had some plantain chips to see if I could use healthy carbs to pull a race off with good time.  Being honest, I am a bit worried because I have another race next Sunday in Austin, Texas: Austin 10/20 and it's a ten-mile race where I will not be doing my normal carb-loading for sure (meaning no pizza, pasta, bagel, etc on Saturday - boo!).  I am hoping all my natural carbs would be suffice and I guess we will find out!

I have to say, so far my Whole30 is going fine, except I know I need to cook more so I won't be tempted to snack.  I've managed to cut out nuts (because I can eat that with no issues), but I can see how easily I can replace that with plantain chips.  My breakfast is usually big enough to where I am not hungry until about noon, but I think it's my lunch that might be causing issues (or is it the fact that I am used to snacking that the habit is difficult for me to break??).  Hmm... lots to ponder over this weekend and I prepare and plan for my meals next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment