Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2: leftovers...

Picture this: you're driving home after a run and you're hungry.  All you're thinking about is the leftover NY Strip and the side of baked sweet potato in your fridge.  You get home, open the container and noticed a completely different steak and sides.  SOMEONE ATE YOUR FOOD! Ahhh! That was exactly what happened to me tonight :( 

Luckily, I still have leftovers from my sloppy joe so I quickly heated that baby up and scarfed it down.  However, I was still craving for some sweet potato so I sliced up a whole sweet potato, threw it in the oven and had that as my "dessert" since I couldn't wait for it to be an actual "side-dish".  Seriously people! You cannot eat other folk's leftovers! It's not nice, especially when one is on a restricted meal plan!  I mean... my brother isn't even in town and that's when I expect my food to go missing! Ah-hem... 

Anyway, getting back to updating about my food.  I had a pretty awesome breakfast: asparagus, with over-easy eggs, chicken sausage and coffee.  Lunch, I had sloppy joe again. Now for a snack... yes, snack... I had a Carrot Cake flavored Lara Bar... YUMMY!  I know they're Whole30 compliant, but it is only for "emergency" only (meaning you're stuck somewhere or in traffic and starving!).  I kinda figured it was an "emergency" for me since it was about 4PM and I planned on going for a run outdoors at about 6PM (which I did, but only for 3 miles and not 6 like I had planned). 

As far as Day 2... it wasn't bad.  I did notice I wasn't "feeling my run" since I gave up after mile 3.  I am not sure if it's because of the food (I was warned that I will feel sluggish and not as energize for the first few days) or if it's because I haven't been consistently running the past few weeks.  Guess I will figure it out (or not) as I continue to embark on this Whole30 journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment