Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 3: Baked Mahi-Mahi with Couscous

I am just happy to say that I did not have leftovers for lunch today! I feel like that's all I've been eating lately (not complaining... really).  So my girlfriend and I went over to Five Guys for lunch... yes, we went to a burger joint!  But no worries... Five Guys is compliant with Whole30 because they do not season their beef.  They use 80/20 ground beef and just grill it without any oil.  They have grill their mushrooms and onions (most of their toppings) oil-free as well.  After we found out about that, we decided to eat out and "spoil" ourselves.  I also dropped by Whole Foods and picked up a bag of plantain chips to go with our bun-less burgers.  The staff looked at me funny, but I didn't care! It was seriously the best combo ever!  Okay fine... I would have liked the cajun fries with my burger, but the plantain chips as substitute worked :) 
For dinner, I decided to be "creative" and make Mahi-Mahi (my favorite fish) with a side a "couscous".  Yes, I know... it's really cauliflower rice, but  my sister had tried it before and thought it was couscous.  Probably because I processed it too finely and it does not look like rice.  Regardless, I seasoned and baked the fish (recipe below) and it was pretty darn good!

Ingredients:
  • A filet of your favorite fish
  • 1 tbsp of Adam's Reserves House Rub Spice
  • 3 or 4 slices of lemon (round)
  • 1 tsp of paprika 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil








Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degree F.
  2. Season fish on both sides with spices, paprika, salt and pepper. 
  3. Then drizzle the olive oil over the fish.
  4. Place the lemon slices on top and baked uncover for 10-12 minutes.  The fish is ready when you place a fork down the middle and it cuts easily.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment