Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 20: Panera Bread Pastries All Around Me...

So I am sitting at the service area waiting on my car. I go to the "early bird" special on Saturday mornings because not only is it super cheap for me to get my oil change, this place also serves you breakfast! I'm not talking about your nasty cheap donuts, etc. I'm talking about your fresh cooked omelet made the way you want with OJ.  However, today they didn't bring in the cooks for the omelets and instead, they're serving Panera Bread's pastries and sandwiches. Major blah because I cannot have anything (and it smells wonderful in here).

Panera Bread bagels

Interestingly, even though it smells great in here, I was not tempted to go over and grab one (well, I did walk over to take a photo, but I wasn't interested in picking it up). My cravings for processed sugar seems to have diminished a lot! Even the paleo-fied desserts aren't as tempting as they used to be. Confession: I really wanted to pig out at this one restaurant that makes amazing paleo desserts, but was not able to.  Before I went on the Whole30 journey, I would drool thinking about those desserts (look at the picture! How could you not?!); however, I haven't really craved it and writing about it haven't made me want to text my girlfriend to have a dessert date. 
Paleo Blueberry Cobbler (w/ paleo ice cream)


Initially when I started the Whole30 journey, I told myself the first thing I'm going to order is one of the paleo desserts from my favorite restaurant.  Now, I am not so sure if that's the first thing I want.  I think I would love some good cheese and a glass of red wine.  It's interesting in how just 20 days, your taste buds/cravings can change.  Hopefully I can see/feel more changes in the next/last 10 days of this challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment