Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Days 18 & 19: Where's My "Tiger Blood"?!

I am waiting for this magical "tiger blood" to hit me, but I have yet to experience it. Trust me, I am very sad about it because another reason why I was excited about doing the Whole30 challenge was to experience all the sensations that I've read about in many testimonies. One of them was about "tiger blood."  Tiger Blood is basically where you've gone 'over-the-hill' with the Whole30 program and the cravings are gone, energy is super high, and you just feel freaking awesome!  Unfortunately, I haven't felt the "awesomeness".  I have noticed my cravings are gone and that my energy are about the same.  I think I am stronger with my work-out.  I guess I was expecting to be super energetic like on a runner's high or something. 

What I have noticed is how certain foods affect me.  Just eating Whole30 approved items like plantain chips or kale chips disturbs my tummy.  I initially thought it was just the vegetables (i.e. cauliflower), but then I realized it was the plantain chips that I love so dearly :(  Knowing this and also knowing that the plantain chips can act as my "food without brakes," I decided to stop buying them.  I probably will make my own and see if it's because it's packaged or if I do have an issues with these items.


No comments:

Post a Comment