Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 6 & 7: Turkey Chorizo Scramble (and my first weekend of Whole30)

I think I survived my first weekend of Whole30! I was even with my sister for most of Day 7 and survived it... wow!  Quick recap: on Day 6, I had a run (4 For the Park) and I did not allot enough time for me to make breakfast, digest, and go all out for my race.  Instead, I got up, made coffee, raced and noticed my energy level depleted after mile 2.5.  I really need to learn how to eat a good breakfast before a race, especially when I have one coming up at the end of the month (well, I have another one next Sunday, but the race I care about is on the last weekend of April).  Hopefully, I will have something figured out by then.

On to food: I found this turkey chorizo at Whole Foods the other day.  I was excited because I like chorizo and I figure I need to change up my breakfast protein here and there (I've been eating a lot of chicken sausages lately).  Anyway, the turkey chorizo is all natural and Whole30 (paleo) compliant.  I was so thrilled because I was honestly looking for bacon and none of them were compliant.  So for Saturday brunch and Sunday breakfast, I made myself scrambled chorizo with avocado slices.  It was seriously delicious!  In fact, I had to text my girlfriend about it so she can pick up some for herself the next time she went grocery shopping (which happened to be today). 


Again, this was super easy to make:

Turkey Chorizo Scramble (makes one serving)
  • 1/4 cup of turkey chorizo (or more if you prefer)
  • 1/8 cup of onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup of mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/8 cup of tomato 
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 of an avocado (or more if you prefer) 
 Directions:
  1. Heat pan at medium-high heat and cook the turkey chorizo (you do not need any added oils)
  2. Once the chorizo is browned, add mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
  4. Once the mushrooms looks done, pour the eggs over all chorizo and veggies (make sure it covers the pan.  
  5. When the eggs look almost done, scramble it up! 
  6. Transfer the scramble onto a plate and place the avocado slices on top.
  7. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment