Sunday, August 1, 2010

Symphony's at Pahrump, NV

Las Vegas has been known for its entertainment, which obviously includes food. However, about 30-40 minutes outside of Vegas is a small city called Pahrump. Interestingly, this city has a small winery (Pahrump Valley Winery) and a FABULOUS restaurant called Symphony's.

Symphony's was named after the winery's bestseller- Symphony, which is a delicious white wine with hints of honeysuckle and apricot with a floral bouquet (for more critique about the winery, please see the wine posting).
The place is really cute! I was only there for lunch, but to me it would be a nice quiet place to go on a date that is not "Vegas scene." The dining area was put together for an upscale feel. The chairs there are the nice, cushiony, fabric arm chairs. It makes you feel like you've traveled to a nice restaurant out in London with the type of furniture they had and how it was decorated.

Since it was lunch time, the view outside the dining area was spectacular. One can see the vines of the grapes and the nice garden planted right by the dining area. If your food takes too long , you could actually go right outside and wander around.

Service here was excellent. The server was very attentive and was always checking to see if I needed anything else. Kudos for that! Also, even though this place has an upscale feel, the restaurant is known as a "casual upscale" dining place-- meaning you can go there in a t-shirt and shorts with flip flops if you'd like.

Food wise -- for starters, I had the "Crab,
Spinach & Artichoke Dip" - this was delicious! There were giant lumps of crab meat in every bite I had! This dip was also served with Ciabatta bread crostini, which was an amazing pairing (hey, much better than tortilla chips). It had just the right amount of crab, spinach and artichoke mixture. Not one ingredient over powered the other and it was just simply yummy. I also had the "French Onion Soup," which I have to admit was just decent. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but it just tasted like anywhere else.







Now, for my meal, I had the "Symphony Chicken Limone," which was fantastic! From the way the menu described it, I thought it was a whole chicken breast on top of pasta; however, when it came out, the chicken was actually sliced and tossed in with the pasta. Symphony Chicken Limone had grilled chicken, artichoke, sun-dried tomato and its tossed in with fettucini pasta in a lemony cream sauce that is made from their Symphony white wine (hence the name). Every bite of this pasta was exploding with flavor! I have not had any pasta like this before and I am STILL craving for this dish!


So if you happen to have extra time in Vegas and would like to venture somewhere, try this restaurant out in Pahrump. Now, just a warning, brothel houses are legal in this city so do not be surprised when you drive past a "Brothel Museum." I had this "OMG!" shocked-look on my face while in Pahrump, so I'm giving you a fair warning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment