Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast please!

While in Vegas, I had brunch/breakfast at this restaurant in Paris: Mon Ami Gabi. Now, I stopped there to eat because it had a nice patio seating which faced Bellagio and its water fountain show. Well, the real reason why I ate there... the buffet line to Paris for breakfast was super LONG and I was starving! With that said, I am so glad that I stopped here because they have the most fabulous "Banana Foster Waffles"!!!!!!

I actually had breakfast/brunch at this place twice during my last visit in Vegas, so that should tell you how addicting this place can be. Again, let me emphasize that should you eat here, you MUST dine at their patio area! With many internationals and tourists in Vegas, one would feel like they're in a foreign place with amazingly good food! (at least that's how I felt)

One morning, I had their "Corned Beef Hash and Poached Eggs" and it was delicious! The corned beef is actually "pulled" beef and not the smashed-up canned ones with potato. This breakfast item also came with roasted red peppers, which gave the dish some color. The eggs were poached correctly and combining the eggs and beef took away from the saltiness of the beef, in a good way. Almost every entree is served with two slices of toasts. The butter and jam that comes with the toast is AMAZING! The butter was freshly churned and the jam was "homemade" (made at the restaurant presumably). The butter and jam was so amazing that if you fail to eat it, you would not have a complete breakfast there!

Another morning, I had the "Eggs Florentine," which was basically eggs benedict but with artichoke and spinach, no meat. Again, this dish was wonderful! Even though there was hollandaise sauce, the meal tasted "lighter" than the Corned Beef Hash I had the morning before. I even felt healthier eating this dish.

Now, both mornings I had their "Banana Foster Waffles" :) I know, I had two entrees each day, but these waffles were worth it! The waffles are Mon Ami Gabi's "made from scratch waffle" and they were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside (and they really were!). They had a few you can pick from: strawberries, chocolate, blueberries; but I HAD to order the banana fosters one. First off, the whipped cream was rich and fluffy! You can taste how fresh the whipped cream was. The fosters sauce that was drizzled on top of the waffles was sweet and it complemented the bananas that were sliced on top of the waffles. The presentation of this dish was absolutely mouth-watering. In fact, the reason why I ordered this dish was because a server walked past my table with the waffles... it looked so delicious that it became a MUST for me to order (and I did). Note that the Banana Foster ones are ONLY served during breakfast so you must get there before 11AM to enjoy a taste of heaven.

Please note that if your party is incomplete, the hostess will NOT seat you, so be there with everyone!

(sorry for no photos! I didn't realize I was going to blog about it until after the fact)

No comments:

Post a Comment