Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quattro at the Four Seasons Hotel

Another Restaurant Week restaurant I tried this year was Quattro at the Four Seasons Hotel. Here, I tried out their lunch menu since my girlfriends and I wanted to go somewhere "new." The Quattro posted an impressive menu on the Restaurant Week website, but I only liked the Eggplant appetizer.
The Eggplant appetizer had a thin slice of eggplant on the bottom, topped with a layer of burrata cheese, roasted red bell pepper, and paper-thin sliced eggplant. It was also drizzled in puree black olive sauce. The cheese was creamy, soft, and has a light nutty flavor. The burrata cheese was what really made this dish! I suggest trying this dish if its on their regular menu, but know that the eggplant is lost in this dish (even though eggplant does not have a lot of flavor).
For my entree, I had the Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms. This dish was served with 3 slices of glazed duck. I was actually disappointed with this dish because the risotto was undercooked. If the risotto was cooked correctly, then this dish would be fabulous. The mushroom was tasty and cooked well, but there were about 5 pieces of mushroom. As you can tell from the photo, the entree was super small.

I would not recommend coming here. The service was okay. We had mimosas here, but for the price we paid, they used VERY cheap champagne because we all had a headache afterwards.

In addition, one of my girlfriends had the Seared Red Mullet (which is a type of fish) and it was TERRIBLE! It was super fishy and not appetizing at all.

Another dish that one of my girlfriends tried was the Steamed Wild Sea Bass Escalope. Again, terrible! Not only was it fishy, but it tasted "dirty." Something that I would not want another person to know what that taste like!

So if you do head over to Quattro, do not order any seafood! They just don't know how to prepare it!



No comments:

Post a Comment