Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Nicoise- FAILED!

So one night, after realizing that I should eat a lil' bit healthier... I pulled out my Betty Crocker Cookbook to see if I can find a tasty and healthy meal.  If anything, this cookbook is my favorite because it has never fail me... until now.

I wanted to make a chicken dish and saw the recipe for Chicken Nicoise.  What really caught my attention about this dish was the "low-fat" coding next to the name.  Anyways... I followed the instructions to the T and it tasted pretty bland.  Or as one might put it, "it tastes like a low-fat meal."

Anyways, if you're wondering what's in this chicken:

  • 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
  • chicken breast
  • 3 cloves garlic- chopped
  • 1/2 cup frozen small whole onions
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
  • 6 Kalamata olives- pitted and chopped
The ingredients sounds great, but the chicken turned out alright.  Maybe it was me, but I really think this dish needs something else to make it yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment