Sunday, March 27, 2011

Brunch Time at Paggi House (Austin, Texas)

ALL YOU CAN EAT BRUNCH BUFFET!  Should I say more??  Actually, yes since I'm blogging.  Anyways, I was in Austin last weekend and ventured out here with my friends since they raved about it.  They also mentioned how this place is comparable or even better (I forget) than Backstreet Cafe.  Ummmm... WHAT?! Okay, now I REALLY have to try it.

The drinks here are definitely cheaper than Backstreet Cafe.  Mimosas are $1 per glass.  Yup... one dollar; however, it was not as tasty as the mimosas at Backstreet (considering that Backstreet pair theirs with other fruits).  I didn't get to try the Blood Mary, but I heard it was good (it was also $2.50).  

So what can $24 get you?  Apparently, it gets you: an assortment of cheeses, fruits, pastries, french toast, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, quiche, bread pudding, roasted pork, veggies, and home fries.  Now, those are what were out on the buffet.  You can also order from their menu: chicken and waffle, eggs (any way you want it, but know that an order comes with 2 eggs), a garden omelette, and a bacon omelette.  

Let me tell you... the chicken and waffle was DELICIOUS! Omg... I'm craving for one right now as I'm typing away.  Anyways, you get 2 fried chicken tenders and two pieces of waffles (I know I suck... I didn't get a chance to take photos).  The syrup that comes drizzled on this dish was amazing as well.  

I also tried their poached egg.  Talk about YUMMY!  The egg was perfectly poached and it was served on top of a thick, heavily buttered toast.  It was absolutely delish!  Something I can eat everyday and gain weight on.  

The Bacon Omelette was not that impressive.  Even though it was made with brie cheese (and I love brie cheese), it wasn't that flavorful.  It was actually kinda bland, like it needed either seasoning or more ingredients.  Anyways, I digress.  

Everything I had here was awesome!  I was really impressed with the blue cheese grits.  It was creamy and tasty.  The bread pudding was also fabulous.  I can go on and on about each item, but if you haven't noticed I would only talk about how good it was.  

Service here was excellent.  Everyone was friendly, even the dude who sliced the roasted pork.  So, to answer the million dollar question... is Paggi House better than Backstreet Cafe??  I'd say "yes!"  The drinks here are cheaper (even the pitchers) and the food was delicious and unlimited!  

Now, I suggest you valet your vehicle here even though you may park on the streets.  There's a golf course located right across from the restaurant so... I don't recommend it.  I also recommend making reservations.  We were lucky that the hostess was able to seat us because the place was apparently booked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment